It’s finally here. All week long we’ve been building up to this moment. From the hottest fashion tech startups participating at SXSW to the 7 SXSW events you cannot afford to miss, we made sure you know exactly where to be in the coming week. We, for one, can’t be happier to finally be in our sky-high cowgirl boots, chewing on straw and talking tech. But our coverage of all things South by isn’t over just yet. We want everyone to feel like they’re included in all the festivities because SXSW and Third Wave Fashion are firm believers of growing our fashion tech network.
Check out the list of 16 twitter handles to follow to keep you up to date as the code unravels and the fashion gets smart at SXSW.
- @sxsw: There’s likely nothing better than the original and official twitter account for all things SXSW, SXSW Interactive, SXSW Music, and SXSWedu. Definitely a must-have in the Twitter tech roster.
- @3rdwavefashion: Us! Enough said! … Just kidding! Be sure to follow everything we and Liza Kindred do throughout the week. We’ll be on the lookout for the greats in the fashion tech space, startups to look out for, and brains to pick, and we want to share it all with you. Also, make a little time to follow (or attend) the Fashion Brain Bar on Monday, the 11th, from 10AM-5PM.
- @projectivenyc: Our friends participating in the Fashion Brain Bar, these guys are super smart and super tech-y. The love startups as much as we do!
- @FashCollective: These digital, tech storytellers are also heading down to Austin with us. Why? Well, they’re the driving force behind the first-ever Fashion Brain Bar we keep chatting up. We love them and their content so following them on Twitter is a no-brainer.
- @SxSWPartyList: Wanna party? Yeah, we thought so. Follow these guys to know exactly what to do when the MacBooks are put down for the night.
- @googlesxsw: Yes, a Google account. These guys are saying they won’t be tweeting from here for the remainder of the conference, but they do provide a link to all their other accounts sure to be participating in the South by festivities. (With all the access you get here we should’ve titled this post, “100 Twitter Handles…”)
- @Bollare: These guys are a preeminent PR company and want the world to know they’ve touched down in Austin with the rest of us. They’ll be hosting the Bollare Relax and Recharge Lounge with their friends, The Neighborhood at 2nd Street District, on Monday, the 11th, from 12PM-8PM.
- @WIMAccelerator: If you couldn’t tell already, we love these ladies. They’re in town and are super active on Twitter. Want to know where all the good networking is going to happen? Follow these ladies and never have to ask yourself that question again.
- @globalmoxie: Hands down the coolest nerd ever! Josh Clark will be hosting a super fun and really interesting event on the ways to view the future of tech. He’s also our resident knows-everything guy.
- @lizak: Not much needs to be said here. Our founder, Liza Kindred, is well-connected in the space, so you want to be where she is. Period.
- @elonmusk – Keynote speaker and the CEO and Product Architech of Tesla Motors, as well as the CEO/CTO of SpaceX. Heard of those? Yeah, then you need to know what he’s thinking through all the interviews and fun.
- @swissmiss – Keynote speaker and design extraordinaire. This blog queen organizes CreativeMornings, a lecture series, is the inventor of the app, TeuxDeux, and is the catalyst behind temp-tattoo shop, Tattly.
- @jurhman – Keynote speaker and founder and CEO of OUYA, a gaming system set to release this month. Julie’s core is in building communities and reinforcing the power of collaboration.
- @joshuatopolsky – Interviewer in Julie Uhrman’s, keynote address, he is the co-founder and founding editor of The Verge. Some of us may also know him as the tech correspondent on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- @Oatmeal – Keynote speaker and the best-selling author behind The Oatmeal. He’ll give you a unique insight in the funding space, too, as he’s raised well over $1M in record-breaking time for a number of initiatives.
- @sxswv2v – The newest addition the SXSW family, this account is based on the matchmaking 4-day event focused on connecting tech innovators, and entrepreneurs with venture capital communities. //
South by has become this amazing phenomenon of minds, data and code, and we cannot be happier to be a part of it all. We hope you’ll join us but if not, follow all these Twitter handles and you’ll feel as though you’re sitting right there. We’ll be looking out for your Tweets so be sure to connect with us any way you can.
Leticia Domenech was a Writing and Copyediting Intern at TWF. Third Wave Fashion has been your fashion tech think tank since 2011. We publish the first ever printed fashion tech magazine, Third Wave. Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our newsletter to stay on top of the latest in fashion tech + wearables.
Image via Pandodaily.