Listen up New Yorkers! Manufacture New York, the Small Business Administration (SBA), and Microsoft have teamed up to create the InnovateHER Challenge in Brooklyn, NY in November 2015. This is a “pitch competition for entrepreneurs looking to develop innovative products and services that impact and empower the lives of women and families.”
Bob Bland, CEO and Founder of Manufacture New York, told us:
Women entrepreneurs, manufacturers & makers are creating the most innovative businesses in America. Manufacture New York is so proud to partner with the US Small Business Administration and Microsoft to provide this unique opportunity for significant, non-diluted funding on a national platform.
Businesses must meet the following criteria in order to to compete:
- Must be a majority women-owned and women-run business, incorporated in the USA
- Must be in the apparel, textiles, accessories, home goods, beauty, wearable technology or contract manufacturing industries
- Must be Made In USA, with strong preference for Made In NYC
- Must be available for a live pitch presentation on Tuesday, November 24th 2015 in Brooklyn
- Early stage startups welcome, must be under $3M in annual revenue and under 25 employees
Businesses and entrepreneurs need to complete and submit their applications, along with a 10 slide pitch deck, by November 12th, 2015 at 12pm. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges and a pitch event and reception will be held at the end of November for all businesses owners and judges.
Ultimately the pitch competition winner, along with other national winners, will be invited to present a live pitch to a panel of judges at the national symposium InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Summit in Washington, D.C. in March 2016. The winners at the Summit will compete for up to $70,000 in cash prizes.
Third Wave Fashion has been your fashion tech think tank since 2011. We publish the first ever printed fashion tech magazine, Third Wave. Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our newsletter to stay on top of the latest in fashion tech + wearables.